Your personal style is reflected the most in the bedroom. It’s the place you stamp your personality in because it’s the room you are most intimately related to. It’s the place that you sleep, love, talk and watch movies. It’s the place you can feel safe. The problem for most people is that they don’t think about the bedroom as a top priority for renovation; that’s usually saved for kitchens and bathrooms.
Whether you are just about to move into a new house and you want to make the room more modern, or you’re simply getting tired with the way that your bedroom now looks, you can make change to make it the modern space that you’d like for it to be. There are plenty of ways that you can make your bedroom more modern, and we’ve got five suggestions for you below:
- Colour Block. One of the cheapest and easiest way to make a bedroom look modern, is to add blocks of colour throughout. It’s cheap – paint always is, it’s easy – a lick of paint is a good fix for outdated walls. If you paint your walls or just a feature wall in a bold colour, you create a statement for your bedroom. You can then colour match your bedding and rugs to create a sleek and more uniform look.
- Treatments For Windows. Curtains are beautiful and warm, but they’re also rather outdated. Aluminium venetian blinds can give your home a more modern, contemporary look while keeping the heat in and the light out when you need it to. Blinds can also make the room look bigger when curtains take up the wall space, too.
- Future Accessories. Your accessories in your bedroom have to match up to the modern look you want. So, going for these Dyson fans over the circular ceiling fans can help you to cool down when you need to. You want to create a contemporary aesthetic and modern accessories can help you to do that.
- Monochrome Is In. Black and white and grey may sound boring, but really it can be a beautiful combination for your sleep space. It’s cheap to put on the walls and the tones are muted so that you can select finishes and furniture to match. If you really want a colour pop, look to your throw pillows and artwork in the room to bring out a little more personality.
- Bed Frame Art. If you are short on space for displaying art and photos, use the bed frame. Block bed frames give you an additional shelf for your photos when you are lacking and you can make use of the space well.
Your bedroom gets to be as contemporary and modern as you would like with a few tweaks here and there. As much as possible, take your time to plan out your bedroom look. This is one room you want to get absolutely correct before you get started spending the money making changes.